Tuesday 30 September 2008

The Next Installment

First off, I have been praying for a while about what it is I am supposed to do here, what direction I'm supposed to take, and all the answer I got was "you need to take an institute class". First off, none of the institute classes worked into my schedule, what with work and school, so I just shurgged it off. Then, I felt really strongly that I need to take institute.

So I thought to myself, how can I take institute unless I quit my job? How can I pay for school unless I keep my job? I fasted on Sunday specifically about what I should do about my money situation. I didn't get a specific answer but I decided to apply for an extension on my loan. In answer to my dilemma, less than a day later (this process usually takes 2 weeks) I got an e-mail from the bank approving my loan. So, in answer to my prayer, I got an extension on a loan so I don't have to work and can attend institute.

The only problem is that everyone else at work is quitting too. There are 4 other people that are quitting or have already quit. My manager even called me to day to make sure everything was going ok. I see that as the adversary trying to sway me from what I'm supposed to do. I'm trying really hard not to feel bad about quitting, so I made a compromise. I'll stay until the 11th. I'm going to drop off my resignation letter tonight and we'll see how Netty takes it. She yelled at the others who quit and threatened to blacklist them with all the other businesses in Lethbridge. If that doesn't say something about her (being the Nazi boss) I don't know what will. So you can see my reluctance in quitting. But I feel it's for the best and so off I go to hand in my resignation.

Wish me luck!
-J

1 comment:

Ryan and Katie said...

you will always be blessed for doing the right thing!