Friday 19 September 2008

Week 2

Well, week two of my university experience in Lethbridge is done. Hurrah!

Things have gone pretty smoothly, minus what I mentioned in my last post. I am not letting anything bring me down. Last night, work was so insanely busy that of the three of us working, none of us got a break, when Brody left and it was just me and Dustin, we were working our butts off to get everything done. Even with that, Dustin stayed an extra half hour after close to help me, and I stayed over an hour. I didn't get home until 1:30am, then I had to finish my theory homework for class this morning. At least I only had one class today.

After class I went to the FORUM for Institute class, and we had a guest speaker, brother Woodward, tell us about his personal experiences as a bush pilot. They were very interesting. He talked about times where he almost ran out of fuel and somehow managed to find a lake or river to land on. He also said he managed to land on a lake at night, which is not an easy thing to do. He said he owed it all to God for directing him when he needed help.
As for my plans for the weekend, I get to go to the temple tomorrow. I haven't been since July so it'll be nice to go again. I hope I can go more often now that I live nearer to it. It's only a 45 minute drive there. Tomorrow night I'm working again and then I have Sunday off. That's pretty much all the entertainment that's going on in my life right now.
-J

No comments: