Sunday 14 September 2008

Dinner at the Kyle's

So this afternoon, we had a dinner/lunch at the Kyle's place for all the Ottawa people that have migrated out to Lethbridge. There were 6 of us, plus the Kyles. We had an amazing meal with roast beef, potatoes, beets, broccoli, buns...it was really tasty. Probably the healthiest meal I've had since I got here.

We chatted about Ottawa and some of us had never met each other, but we had common friends that we told stories about and we shared all the Ottawa gossip and who was getting married, who got back from their missions etc. It was some really good conversation. It was the most at home I've felt so far. But I guess that's just the spirit that the Kyles invite into their home.

We also had stake conference this morning and it was huge! We had the stake centre full from the chapel, all the way to the back of the cultural hall. PLUS we had an overflow building at Jerry Potts where it was being broadcast from the stake centre. Talk about a huge stake! As for the rest of today, I just spent the last hour and a half looking up videos and pictures of the new Twilight movie. Productive, I know. Only 67 days left!! I actually can't wait.

I have oodles of homework and practicing left to do, so I'll get on with that.

Happy reading,
-J

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha - yeah, it is shocking at first how many members are out here eh? I had a difficult time getting adjusted to being back here. However we already knew this :) I'm glad you had fun talking to the Ottawa-folk. I know I'll be happy to go back! Looking forwar to seeing you soon :)
Twilight? Honestly I don't understand the obsession that much. I am...interested in what the movie will be like though.

Anonymous said...

the kyles are awesome!!!

Jess O said...

Yeah there are a LOT of members out here. I go to school and constantly I hear people talking about church activities and going to the temple and I had no idea they were members. I found out on Sunday that a guy I work with is a member and I didn't even know!

And yes, the Kyle's are totally awesome!!

SAH in Suburbia said...

Looks like you had a fun meal. Enjoy Jess - this will be a very exciting time of your life! It's great to see you're making the most of it. Take advantage of every possible opportunity.