Thursday 25 August 2011

Room Enough to Receive It


"Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in my house; and prove me now herewith, saith the Lord of Hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing that there shall not be room enough to receive it." (3 Nephi 24:10, Malachi 3:10)


Well, once again I'm suprised. I was so overwhelmed with the amazing blessings that have been coming to me the last 2 weeks that I forgot to check my storehouse...turns out I don't have room to receive them all! I realized tonight how much time needs to go into teaching early-morning seminary and also, how difficult it would be for me to get the hours at work that I need to help save money for school. I had a decision to make: work at the daycare for a few extra hours a week and sacrifice my prep time for seminary, or devote myself to my callings and be down a couple of bucks. I hope you know my character well enough by now to know what I chose. I've decided to quit the job at the daycare (before I even start) and also to ask to have one of my callings given to someone else (the one I haven't been officially called to or set-apart for yet).

From all of this, I have learned that it is actually possible to have too much of a good thing! That there are good, better, best options and it is up to us to use personal revelation to see what it is the Lord wants us to choose. All of the blessings I have been given the last few weeks were great, but I simply don't have room to receive them all. I firmly believe that by choosing to fulfill my callings to the best of my ability and by putting the Lord first in my life, that everything else will work itself out.

Until next time,
-J

No comments: