Tuesday 16 August 2011

Life, or Something Like it

I know, I know, it's been 6 months...so shoot me. I've never been good at the consistent blog thing. Lots has happened. Here's the rundown in a few key points:

-I missed a deadline for school and have to wait a year to re-apply
-I sold all my furniture and moved back to Ottawa for the year (I hope only that long!)
-I'm back working at Subway and trying to find something in the childcare field

That's the gist of it. I've been home for a month now and it's been pretty hard. It wasn't until last night that I finally had some clarity to my thoughts. I had some friends over and was distracted most of the night. Once they left, I swam some laps in the pool (I'm house-sitting for a neighbour) to blow off some steam, and then I sat and just thought about everything for a good 2 hours. It was quite liberating I must say. The thinking alternated with praying and eventually a feeling of peace came over me. All my doubts, all my anxieties and resentment was taken away and I feel revitalized.

I realized last night, that this year can be something great, but it won't be unless I make sure it is. Therefore, bumming around, complaining, and feeling angry isn't going to get me anywhere. That being said, I'm trying to be better, look forward with faith, and stop being like Lot's wife and dwelling on and yearning for the past. It is amazing the power the Atonement has to lift you and comfort you when you most need it.

I also have 2 callings that I will be receiving in the next few weeks. I am excited for both of them and I know that they will help me to have a better experience here this year.

As for what I'm up to now, I've been working and in my spare time, reading from a list of books that I have wanted to read for a while now. I started in on the list mid April (there are about 60 books on there) and since then, I've managed to cross 8 off and I'm working on the 9th. Through this, I've realized how much great literature I've been missing out on all of these years! I've got a lot of catchin up to do!

Until next time,
-J

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're awesome Jess!