Monday 2 January 2012

Happy New Year!

Happy new year to one and all!  New years is always a time of new beginnings and resolutions.  I found a blog post that was really helpful when making resolutions.  The ones I agree with are as follows:

1. Make your goal specific--"get in shape" is very vague
2. Make it realistic--something you can actually accomplish
3. Make each goal step by step--make a plan of how you're going to do it
4. Failing isn't failing--a slip-up is just a chance to get back on track
5.Keep accountable--when someone else knows about your goal, you're more likely to keep it!

She also suggested not making a goal for the entire year, but I think some long-term goals are good and quite attainable.

So, in keeping with her advice, I will now be accountable to all my readers about my resolutions.  I'd like to share some of the ones I'm making:

Church-Related

1. Spend at least half an hour a day studying my scriptures (not just reading)
2. Say both my morning and evening prayers every day (the morning ones are always forgotten!)
3. Visit the temple at least once a month (Jocelyn is my temple buddy so she'd better keep me on track!)





Other

4. Go on at least one date a month (There's your open invitation :P)
5. Grow out my hair (Some will be more happy than others at this announcement)
6. Save enough money for school (I might have to travel to find a higher-paying job during the summer)


Well folks, those are the ones I am willing to share with you.  The others are more personal and I'll keep them to myself and my journal :P.  I'd love to hear your resolutions as well so feel free to send them my way!  Happy new year and I wish the best for you all in 2012!

Until next time,
-J

No comments: