Saturday 3 January 2009

Sorry for the Delay!

Hey all,

So, much has happened since November, including a birthday party, exams, 2 car accidents, Christmas and New Year's. That's a lot of ground to cover. First off, there was Nath and Mike's birthday party in Medicine Hat. We had cake and presents and Sali even made a pinata for us to break. We had a lot of fun with that.

Next, was exams. I was studying like mad, trying to get everything together, and apparently I did because I passed everything with pretty good marks. Thank goodness for that. I finished my exams on the 16th and at 5:50am on the 17th I flew home. The next 2 weeks flew by in a flurry of work, baking, parties and fun.
From the moment I got home, I had a million things to do. My mom had purchased a big screen tv and hadn't hooked it up yet, because she didn't know how. That was my first project. Then there was the baking. I sort of roped my friend Joe and his friend Marly into helping me with my holiday baking. In about 5 hours we made 2 batches of shortbread and 2 amazingly awesome New York style cheesecakes (which I'd never made before). The day after that I made another batch of shortbread, butter tarts and sugar pie.
Then Christmas came along, all too quickly, and we had presents, food, and time with family for the next few days. It was really awesome. Throughout all of this I was working for my previous bosses at Subway just to earn a little extra cash to cover expenses. It's a good thing I did, because in the past month I got in 2 separate car accidents. One in Lethbridge and one in Ottawa.

The one in Lethbridge was not my fault, but my car is basically a write-off. We're not sure what the insurance company is doing about it, since it was the holidays and no one was working. The second one only happened 2 days ago. I was in Ottawa on my way to work and driving my sister's car, when the guy in front of me (who was lost) decided he was going to turn into a parking lot to the right. The sun was shining on the back of his car, so I couldn't see his brake lights, and he put his signal light on at the last second, which was too late for me to stop, and I slammed on my brakes and rammed right into the back of his car.

Both my airbags deployed and I got severe whiplash, but thankfully the Lord watched over me and it wasn't something more serious. My sister's car was also a write-off, but she didn't have collision insurance for it, so we get nothing. That being said, I have to start working again so that I can help her pay for a new car. I'm going to talk to my old boss (the Subway nazi!!) and ask if I can start working there again. Hopefully I'll be able to manage my schedule!

Anyway, I got back to Lethbridge yesterday and have basically spent most of my time sleeping and trying to rid myself of this cold I got in Ottawa. My roommates get home tomorrow and I start classes again on Wednesday. It should be fun. Wish me luck!
Until next time,
-J

No comments: