Tuesday 25 October 2011

Solutions Welcome

Of late there have been multiple instances where I have had to ignore my immediate feelings to retaliate to the negativism that has been sent in my way and instead, respond in a mature, non-threatening way.  This required Hurculean effort on my part.  I take great pride in being able to defend my arguments and myself through intelligent and cohesive defense, so to not defend myself, to me, feels like giving up.  I hate that feeling.  I have been suffering with feelings of anger and frustration, mostly because I can't say what I want to say to the people I want to say it to, and it's getting all bottled up inside of me.  I'm frustrated with myself for not being able to let this all go.  I should be able to let it slide off my shoulders and forget about it, but I can't for some reason.  I know that the adversary can gain a hold very easily when there is anger in your heart, so I am trying very hard to be at peace.  However, I can't seem to block out the negative influx from other sources.  I have been praying for strength, praying for peace, and reading my scriptures, but my anger continues to be kindled.  I cannot seem to find a lasting solution to this problem.  So what I am asking is, is there any productive outlet that you can recommend to me to rid myself of these feelings of anger and frustration?  I welcome any and all solutions.


Until next time,
-J

No comments: