Monday 26 September 2011

Not Always Rainbows and Butterflies

Well, it was bound to happen.  The first downer day in a while.  I had been having an amazing weekend, chatting with friends, going out on spontanious walks along the canal, frolicking and the like, and then Sunday rolled around and something changed.  I'm not even really sure what it was.  Maybe it being fast Sunday had something to do with it, but maybe it was what I was fasting about, I don't know.  Either way, I had a bit of a downer day. 

Some days, if I'm not paying attention to what I'm saying, I end up coming across in a way that I don't like.  I tend to be a little over-critical and opinionated, which I'm usually pretty good at keeping under wraps.  I recognized that I was not fully in control yesterday, so in the middle of a social activity, I went off on my own, went for a bit of a walk and then sat in my car reading my scriptures.  It helped a bit, but something was still off.  I'm even a bit off this morning and I feel like I'm forgetting something.  My mind is elsewhere but I don't know exactly where.  I think I need to take some time to listen to what the Spirit is telling me, because clearly it's not getting through. 

I keep telling myself, "focus on the blessings" and it's helping, but I just need to get my act together and take some time for me to figure out what is going on inside of my head.  I've been so caught up with seminary, relief society, institute, and social activities that I've been neglecting myself and haven't taken time for me.  Seeing as I have precious little free time, I may need to organize my life a bit better on that front.  So, here's to a better week and picking myself up, working out my confuddled brain, and pushing this feeling of discontent out of my heart. 

Until next time,
-J


No comments: